You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Thursday, October 22, 2015

See the casseroles?  I made these last week. 


It was a very busy weekend last weekend, so I didn't have time to do much pottery making.  I managed to throw a few mugs and went back on Sunday afternoon to get handles on them.  Jeff and I had been gone most of the day on Saturday, so Lady dog was left alone.  To make it up to her, I took her with me on Sunday afternoon thinking that she might enjoy some time with me hanging out.  But no.  Lady hates the pottery studio for some reason.  
She stood by the door whimpering.

If I talked to her, she gave me this look.

I brought her into the work area, tied her leash to my wheel so she couldn't get in trouble, and she did this.  

Finally I gave up.  The mugs were too wet to attach handles (and were still on the soft side Tuesday afternoon when I went back to try again - very, very weird).  I unloaded the kiln, and there wasn't much else that I could do.  

I did get these mugs which turned out nice after being re-fired.  I really like how the specks in the clay showed up.

Like I said, since Lady was so miserable, I took her for a walk.  She LOVES to walk and was finally happy. 
Smart dog.  It was a very nice afternoon and it would have been a shame to miss out on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment