You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

And Another Month Goes By...

My last post was just before Mother's Day.  Since then we wrapped up the semester and had graduation at school, I completed my first Olympic distance triathlon, and then I graded AP calculus exams for a week. This blog is supposed to be about pottery, so I'll spare you the details of the triathlon (embracing my inner athlete - 12th place overall and 3rd in my age group - Woo Hoo!) and the AP reading (imagine over 900 calculus teachers in one place working to grade over 400,000 AP calculus tests - embracing my inner geek).  

I was too busy the last two weeks of the semester, but once school was out, I managed to get back in the pottery studio for a couple of weeks before I left for Kansas City where the AP reading is held every year.  There were some pots that were finished up during that time, but I forgot to take pictures of them.  Here are the last few things that I worked on.  


Covered casserole - I really like making these.  


Mugs with texture - thinking about tan outside with red and blue on the insides of these.

Now that I'm back home for a few weeks before vacation, I hope to work on embracing my inner artist a little bit.  It sounds strange to me to refer to myself as an artist.  Two different times today (I'm working the gallery) people have asked what I do.  My answer is always, "I'm a teacher," but that wasn't what they were asking.  They wanted to know which work in the gallery is mine.  I guess I've got to work on considering my location when answering that question from now on. 

I hope to have more pictures of pottery to share with you soon.  I would really like to build up some inventory so that I do not have to work so hard this fall.  

No comments:

Post a Comment