You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Five Steps Back

Every feel like you take one step forward and then five steps back?  I do.  Thursday evening was like that for me.  After being really tired all week, I kind of hit a wall on Thursday afternoon and realized that I really needed to get some rest.

Even after hitting that wall, I tried to go make pottery.  After all, I am still several pieces short of the 30 piece goal that I have for the Oct 27 salt fire.  I knew that there were going to be some things going on over the weekend that would require my attendance and reduce the amount of studio time I'd get.


After much struggle, I finally managed to make the parts of two cream and sugar sets.  Lids were the issue for me.  I bet it took 6 or 7 tries before I got two things that might work out for lids to the sugar bowls.  Below is a picture of the lids that didn't make it.  I was so frustrated!  


No comments:

Post a Comment